Ocean

Friday, November 18, 2016

The 2017 Reading Challenge-Walking Edition

         I love Goodreads! It's a great way to keep track of what you've read and get recommendations on future reads. Goodreads has also helped me find Christmas and birthday presents for family members. I can't quite speak for everyone, but every book I've found for my husband has been a success. It's like Facebook for books because you can see what your friends are reading too!

     Each year, Goodreads has an option where you can say how many books you are going to read that year. I've done it this year and last year, successfully so far. However, there have been other reading challenges that I fell flat on. They tell you book descriptions to read for the challenges. I started off okay, but then I was distracted by other books and my new edition.

     This year, with all of the new things that I am trying out, I'm going to try making my own 2017 Reading Challenge! This will also include a Kids' Edition so your kids can join in as well. There will be several different levels that I will come out with. The first level:

     In order to move on to the next level, you need to read all of the books in this level...or just move on anyways, but I'm going to try and read all of the books in each level. 
     Read the books in any order you choose! The categories are:

Adult/Young Adult Edition:
1. A bestseller
2. A nonfiction book
3. A fantasy book
4. A recommendation
5. An author you've never read
6. A book you normally wouldn't read
7. A book that will either be a movie or has been a movie
8. Re-read an old favorite 
9. Read a book with a kid
10. Read a book that you've never finished

Kids' Edition:
1. A bestseller
2. An award winner
3. A picture book
4. A recommendation
5. An author you've never read
6. A book between 100-200 pages
7. A fairy tale
8. Re-read an old favorite
9. A poetry book
10. Read a book that your teacher recommends

Does anyone have books that they would like to use for this challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment